DRESSX turns 2 years old 🎉
2 exciting years full of growth, new learnings and the biggest successes in the digital fashion industry. Ready to share our best memories with us?
In August 2020, we started DRESSX as the first international retailer for digital-only fashion, showing that 3D clothes can not only exist in games, but also enter real life, being worn in photos on social media. Having it as our main goal to make fashion accessible to everyone, we introduced the idea of utility in digital fashion for masses, launching the DRESSX app, offering AR try-on of 3D clothes, allowing digital garments to be taken across games and Metaverses, pioneering the concept of wearable fashion NFTs, and allowing users all around the globe to own and grow their metaclosets with DRESSX.
In 2 years, we partnered with Snap Inc., utilizing the world’s most advanced AR technology for instant digital dressing on the DRESSX app; we collaborated with Meta, fashioning their avatars with the DRESSX looks and joining the Avatar Store alongside Balenciaga, Prada, and Thom Browne; entered Roblox, becoming the first pure-play digital fashion brand to utilize the groundbreaking Layered Clothing technology and drop collections on their marketplace; joined forces with Google and The Fabricant, announcing the launch of the new Google Pixel 6 phone with a digital fashion drop; we worked with some of the biggest names in fashion, from FARFETCH to Dior, Fendi, and Balenciaga, to digitize their physical outfits, upgrade their marketing campaigns, and put the digital twins of their looks on the covers of the most influential fashion magazines.
Let’s take a look at some stats! In 2 years, DRESSX:
- built the largest library of digital fashion looks (currently 2800 SKUs on dressx.com);
- opened 150K metaclosets for the users worldwide;
- dropped unique NFTs from the SuperBowl Halftime Show and 64th Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony with our partners at Crypto.com, as well as the historical 2009 Inaugural Ball dress of the First Lady Michelle Obama created by Jason Wu exclusively on DRESSX’s own NFT marketplace nft.dressx.com;
- appeared in 350+ features in top media, including Forbes, NY Times, CNN, BBC, Evening Standard, The Business of Fashion, Vogue Business, WWD, HighSnobiety, VICE, Dazed and more;
- placed digital fashion on the covers of 10+ fashion magazines, including L’Officiel USA, Paris, Italia, Vietnam, and Ukraine, Vogue Czechoslovakia, Haute Living, and more;
- dressed over 200 celebrities and influencers, including Madonna, Maye Musk, Krysten Ritter, Ellen von Unwerth, Sofi Tukker, Safiya Nygaard, Mick Jenkins, Helena Christensen, Isabelle Boemeke, and more;
- spoke at 50+ international conferences, including WWD summits in the US, Paris, and Japan, SXSW Conference, VogueLive22 by Vogue Czechoslovakia, NFT LA and more;
- named Fast Company’s Next Big Thing in Tech 2021 and the finalist of LVMH Innovation Award 2022; our founders became America’s greatest descriptors by Newsweek
- partnered with UN Women, Fashion Impact Fund, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, No More Plastic, and more to share our sustainability reports and contribute to the better future of fashion.
2 years passed so fast! And we are only moving faster 🚀
Thank you to all the digital fashion pioneers, partners, and supporters for these stellar 2 years. We cannot wait to show you what we’ve prepared for you next! 🔥